Firstly, thank you so much for writing in one of my beloved fandoms. I’m really looking forward to reading whatever you decide to write! I’ve also tried to offer a few different “fic I’d like” options, because it’s important to me that you write something that you’re happy with, too.
This letter is, basically, in three parts: first, the generic about-my-tastes stuff that applies to all of my requests; secondly, details about each of my requests; and lastly, a massive tl;dr about some of the things I love about my requested fandoms and/or characters. This last section is really only there if you're looking for extra information, so feel free not to read it or to disregard it completely.
Unfortunately my LJ is all but abandoned for most of the year. However, if you want to try and figure out my tastes and preferences beyond even what I’ve detailed below or just have a slightly frustrating time stalking me, I do have a (also infrequently used) Tumblr, which includes a list of my top ten favourite fic; and you can also check out my own fic on ao3, since not unusually I tend to write what I like!
My requests this year are largely similar to requests I made last year, so feel free to read last year’s Dear Santa letter for a slightly different take on my wants. (Some of my tastes have changed since then, but I’m not really that fussy if push comes to shove.)
Here is some general info about my preferences:
- Most importantly: I really love female characters. I definitely prefer fic which heavily involves at least one lady character, and preferably more than that. I also really like lady POV stuff, although I appreciate with some of my requests that may not be feasible!
- Shipping wise, I tend to lean towards shipping everything and everyone, usually with a few ships I really like and a few I really don't like. I've listed a few preferences for each of the fandoms I request, just so you have some idea. I will happily read both straight and queer couplings, but I also like gen, and am perfectly OK with that too!
- I’m pretty on the fence about sex scenes. If you’re a confident writer, go for it! If not, kissing and hugging and hand holding are pretty awesome too. No dub or non-con, please. I'm also not good with incest, underage, or huge power imbalances.
- I don't want angst or death-fic. Not that you have to write fluff! But at the very least I'd like something that has a hopeful feeling to it.
- I hate character bashing. I love all characters.
- If you're writing one of my comics fandoms, AUs are always beloved and appreciated.
- Again, if you're writing one of my comics fandoms, crossovers within each universe (ie Wonder Woman appearing in a Batgirl fic) are just fine. If you managed to crossover Batgirl with Alias I would be super impressed, but obviously that's pretty tricky even if you are familiar with both canons! I'd prefer no crossovers for Emelan or The Long Earth, though.
- If you want to write December holiday-themed fic I am quite happy with that. (And December is summer where I live, so if you want to feature a summer festival or holiday, that is totally seasonal for me.)
( The Long Earth - Stephen Baxter/Terry PratchettCollapse )
( Emelan - Tamora PierceCollapse )
( Batgirl (Comics)Collapse )
( Alias (Comics)Collapse )
( why i love these fandomsCollapse )